Latest Regulation Regarding Collection of Income Tax from Buyers on the Sale of Goods that are Classified as Very Luxurious
- July 11, 2019
- Posted by: Administrator
- Category: Info 1, Tax News
On 19 June 2019, the Minister of Finance (“MoF”) issued MoF Regulation No. 92/PMK.03/2019 (“PMK-92”) concerning Certain Corporate Taxpayers as Collectors of Income Tax from Buyers on the Sale of Goods that are Classified as Very Luxurious, which amends the previous MoF Regulation No. 90/PMK.03/2015 (“PMK-90”).
A Tax Collector is a Corporate Taxpayer that makes sales of goods that are classified as highly luxurious.
PMK-92 changes the stipulations of goods classified as very luxurious and the amount of income tax when selling goods that are classified as very luxurious.
- The goods that classified as very luxurious include:
- Private airplanes and private helicopters;
- Cruise ships, yachts and the like;
- House and land with selling price more than IDR 30.000.000.000 (thirty billion rupiah) and bulding area more than 400 m2 (four hundred square meters)
- Apartments, condominiums and the like with a selling price more than Rp.10,000,000,000 (ten billion rupiah) and/or building area of more than 150 m2 (one hundred fifty square meters).
- Four-wheeled passenger motor vehicles for transport of fewer than 10 persons with selling price greater than Rp.2,000,000,000 or cylinder capacity greater than 3000 cc; and/or
- Two- or three-wheeled motor vehicles with selling price greater than Rp3,000,000,000 or with cylinder capacity greater than 250 cc.
- The amount of Income Tax when selling goods classified as very luxurious is as follows:
- 1% (one percent) from the selling price, not including Value Added Tax and Sales Tax on Luxury Goods (VAT and LGST), on house together with its land, apartment, condominium and the like.
- 5% (five percent) from the selling price not including VAT and LGST, on private plane and private helicopters, cruise ships, yachts and the like, four-wheeled motor vehicles, and two-wheeled and three-wheeled motor vehicles.