Amendment to Temporary Import Regulations
- September 16, 2019
- Posted by: Administrator
- Category: Tax News
The Government of Indonesia, through the Minister of Finance (MoF), has issued regulation No.106/PMK.04/2019 (“PMK-106”) concerning Amendment to Regulation of the Minister of Finance No.178/PMK.04/2017 concerning Temporary Import.
The amended provisions are as follows:
- Amends provisions related to the type of Temporarily Imported Goods that obtain an exemption from import duty and eliminates some provisions related to the type of Temporarily Imported Goods;
- The Temporary Import Period is provided in accordance with the intended use within a maximum period of 1 (one) year and can be extended to no longer than 3 (three) years, starting from the import customs notification obtaining the number and date of registration;
- Adds a provision in connection with supporting evidence of the Temporary Import period for imported goods for the purposes of exhibitions, seminars, conferences, and similar activities;
- Adds 1 (one) requirement to obtain a Temporary Import Permit, namely the location of a special place, in the case that the Temporarily Imported goods are used for the purpose of exhibitions, seminars, conferences, and similar activities;
- Amends provisions in connection with the format of the Decree of the Minister of Finance concerning Provisional Import licenses using the format listed in MoF Regulation No.178/PMK.04/2017 concerning Temporary Imports;
- Adds a provision in connection with guarantees for Temporary Admission of goods; guarantees are used in accordance with statutory provisions regarding guarantees in the framework of customs;
- Adds a provision in connection with guarantees for Temporarily Imported goods for the purpose of motor vehicle exhibition whereby the collateral used shall take the form of cash or bank guarantee; and
- Adds a provision in connection with the procedure for the submission of guarantees, which shall be carried out in accordance with the provisions of the legislation regarding guarantees in the framework of customs.
PMK-106 became effective on 12 August 2019.