Tax Incentives For Taxpayers Affected By Covid-19 Pandemic
- August 10, 2021
- Posted by: Administrator
- Category: Tax News
On 1 July 2021, the Minister of Finance (MoF) issued regulation No. PMK 82/PMK.03/2021 (“PMK-82”) as the amendment of MoF regulation No. 9/PMK.03/2021 (“PMK-9”) concerning Tax Incentives for Taxpayers Affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic. PMK-82 is issued mainly to extend the period of granting incentives from July to December 2021.
The main points of PMK-82 are as follows :
- extending the tax incentive period for Article 21 Income Tax, Article 25 Tax Installment, Article 22 import tax, and preliminary VAT refund until the December 2021 tax period.
- providing additional Article 19A & 19B, with the main points as follows:
- The Taxpayer must register by submitting a Notification Letter in a certain format through the DGT website (www.pajak.go.id) to utilize the tax incentives.
- Taxpayers with certain gross revenue must submit the realization report of Final Tax borne by the Government through the DGT website (www.pajak.go.id) to utilize the tax incentives.
- The Taxpayer can utilize the Tax Incentive starting from the July 2021 period by submitting the Notification Letter no later than 15 August 2021.
- A Taxpayer who has reported the realization report on utilization of tax incentives for the January – June 2021 periods may still be able to make amendment no later than 31 October 2021.
- The list of the Business Group Codes (‘KLU’) of tax incentive recipients has been reduced to be as follows:
- Article 21 Withholding Tax: 1,189 KLU
- Article 22 Import Tax Exemption: 132 KLU (previously covered 730 KLU)
- Article 25 Income Tax Installments: 216 KLU (previously covered 1,018 KLU)
- Preliminary Refund for Value Added Tax: 132 KLU (previously covered 725 KLU)
PMK-82 became effective on 1 July 2021.