Procedures to request Determination of Origin of Goods before Import Declaration
- March 9, 2022
- Posted by: Administrator
- Category: Tax News
On 2 February 2022, the Minister of Finance (“MoF”) issued a new regulation No. 7/PMK.010/2022 regarding the Procedures for Filing Request and Determination of the Origin of Import Goods before Import Declaration, referred to as Penetapan Keasalan Barang Sebelum Impor or PKBSI (“PMK-7/2022”).
The major issues set in force in this PMK-7/2022 are as follows:
- PKBSI should be proposed to the Director General of Customs and Excise;
- PKBSI must met the following criteria:
- The applicant has an identity number to engage in customs activities;
- The import declaration form (PIB) has not yet been submitted;
- The import goods are not currently in objection and appeal process;
- The import goods are not currently in re-examination and customs audit process;
- The import goods are the object of a sale/purchase transaction.
- The Director General of Customs and Excise should give a decision to approve or reject the application no later than:
- 30 (thirty) working days for Authorized Economic Operator or Customs Main Partner (MITA Kepabeanan);
- 40 (forty) working days for other applicants.
This PMK-7/2022 became effective on 10 February 2022.